Obesity is one of the most critical health problems on the earth. It is a major risk factor for a number of chronic diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It is common in all over the world, according to World Health Organization (WHO) reports; there are more than 1 billion overweight adults, at least 300 million of them clinically obese, globally. Among the developed countries just in USA, 2/3 of Americans over age 20 are overweight and nearly 34 percent of Americans over age 20 are obese. Every year, several million dollars spent on obesity treatment.
Undoubtedly, obesity and overweight are so many dangerous health conditions, but they are not difficult to control. Any individual with a poor level of fitness due to an inappropriate body weight can achieve and improve his fitness level by making some necessary changing in his eating habits and lifestyle. In the lines below, some affordable diet tips have been shared, which really works if a man interested in losing his extra body weight and to improve fitness level.
Weight Loss Tips
Point to Start: Weight losing is the game of commitment and confidence. Start your weight loss by defining a small, realistic and realizable goal such as “I will shed from 2 to 5 pounds this month by following my plan and exercising,” instead of setting an unapproachable, impractical or unrealistic goal like “I will lose 3 stone by next month.” Your defined goal will help you to go on the right way and get immediate results.
- Gradual Changing: Losing weight is not a static but a continuous process which needs slow and steady changing in foods and patterns. So, each week, change one good habit to a healthier one. Do it weekly. For instance, this week change from 2 sugars in your tea to 1. Next week will cut down to 1 and then cut it out completely in the coming week.
- Non-Sweet Breakfast: Never leave your breakfast and eat a non-sweet or just slightly sweetened cereal every morning for breakfast. Shredded Wheat and Bran Flakes are better choices.
- Adopt a Continuous Dietary Pattern: Dieting doesn’t end when you got an appropriate and desired level of your body weight. Your diet is what keeps you slim, and needs to be healthy, so make lifestyle changes rather than short-term ones.
- Portion Distortion: Most people underestimate their intake, and take in more calories daily than they think. Break out the food diary and, for one week, measure what you eat and make adjustments if necessary based on your daily eating plan.
- Eat Your Meal Slowly: Eating too fast usually means eating more than you need. Give your brain time to catch up with your stomach: It takes about 20 minutes to feel the food, so savor your food. When you enjoy it more, you’ll be satisfied with less.
- Slimming or Diet Tea is best: Drink slimming tea instead of coffee for a mid-morning pick-me-up: it may have immunity-boosting properties. Diet tea is also a good choice instead of coffee or milked tea.
- Popcorn: Spend in a hot air popcorn popper. It’s just as quick as microwave popcorn, and it makes a fiber-rich, guilt-free snack without the Trans fat or cholesterol.
- Go Without: Try to swear off all fried foods for the next couple of months. Keep away yourself all types of junk foods because they don’t meet your nutritional needs properly.
- Powerful Rule: Adopt “on the side, please” as your rule when dining out. This applies to salad dressing, sauces and gravies.
- Avoid from Over Eating: Completely leave the clean plate club. Eat as much as your body need, and if you’re full, then stop and take the rest for a snack or meal tomorrow.
- Be Wise and Active: Read nutrition labels, and ignore the beautiful pictures. Just because there’s a picture of fruit on the package doesn’t mean there is fruit in the package. Some examples of this misleading packaging are fruit drinks and fruit yoghurts.
- Don’t Be Disappointed, there is a Hope: Even if your mother, father and siblings are overweight, you can outsmart your genes with a healthy diet and exercise. Light weight training can actually change your body type so you can stay slim more easily.
- Dietary Supplement: We all need a motivational weight loss, boost from time to time. Keep a pot of carb blockers or fat blockers handy for the occasions when you just can’t resist the urge to eat those foods you know you should not.
- Build Muscle: Replace fat stores with lean muscle and improve your fat-burning naturally. Start gradually, and work up to at least three days a week of training with resistance bands and light weights. Before starting your workout must consult with your physician.