Studies show that the people on low-carb diets lose more and faster weight than people on low-fat diets, even when who on low fat diets are actively restricting calories. One of the reasons for this is that low-carb diets tend to get rid of excess water from the body. Because they lower insulin levels, the kidneys start shedding excess sodium, leading to rapid weight loss in the first week or two. Low-carb dieters as compared to low fat dieters can lose more weight without being hungry.
Basically, low-carb diet limits carbohydrates such as those found in grains, starchy vegetables and fruit and emphasizes foods high in protein and fat. There are so many types of low carb diet. Each type of this diet has varying limitations on the types and amounts of carbohydrates you can eat. These diets appear to be particularly efficient for up to 6 months, but after that the weight starts creeping back up because dieters do not keep it forward. It is necessary to take it as a lifestyle instead of a diet; it is the best way to achieve your weight loss goal.
Under the low - carb diet what foods you should eat depends on a few things, including how healthy you are, how much you exercise and how much weight you have to lose. Here is a detail list of low carb foods and the foods which you have to avoid under a low carb diet plan; you can get significant results by keeping your food journal as:
Foods: You have to eat - You have to eat following real, unprocessed, low-carb foods:
- Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others vegetables.
- Fruits including Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
- High-Fat Dairy such as Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others. Grass-fed is best.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others. Wild-caught fish is best.
- Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
- Nuts and Seeds such as Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Fats and Oils including Coconut oil, butter, lard, olive oil and cod fish liver oil.
- You can drink Simple and Flavored water, Tea (green or diet tea), Coffee and Carbonated soda without artificial sweeteners.
Foods: You have to avoid - You should have to avoid from following foods:
- Sugar such as Soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others.
- Highly Processed Foods: If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Gluten Grains: Wheat, spelt, barley and rye. Includes breads and pastas.
- Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium.
- “Diet” and “Low-Fat” Products: Many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
- High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils